There are lots of great reasons to join a CSA. Here are some of the main ones:
- It’s healthy! CSA vegetables are organic and free of harmful pesticides. Plus there’s nothing like having a batch of fresh veggies delivered every week to encourage you to cook healthy meals.
- It’s fresh! CSA produce is super fresh and delicious because it’s hand picked the same day it’s delivered.
- It’s affordable! Our CSA is affordable because we have no paid staff and there is no wasteful packaging. Spread throughout the season, our prices are comparable to local supermarkets, and the quality is much better.
- It’s good for the environment! CSA is better for the environment because no chemical fertilizers and pesticides are used, and fossil fuels are not wasted on long distance transportation.
- It supports a local farm! As more and more small farms are losing out to ‘agribusiness’, joining a CSA is great way to support a family farm.
- It builds community! CSA is a great way to get to know your neighbors and get more involved in community activities.